This job is no longer available
TRAIN for the FUTURE
The National Cancer Institute (NCI), a major research component of the world-renowned National Institutes of Health (NIH), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is recruiting for postdoctoral positions in three training program areas: The Center for Cancer Research, The Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, and The Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program. All three programs offer valuable research training opportunities, as well as a variety of professional development courses and activities for fellows. Candidates must have a doctoral degree (M.D., D.V.M., Ph.D., J.D., or equivalent) and have less than five years postdoctoral experience.
CENTER FOR CANCER RESEARCH
One of the world’s largest cancer research centers, the NCI Center for Cancer Research (CCR) places a particular emphasis on training the next generation of investigators in basic, interdisciplinary and translational cancer research.
CCR postdoctoral fellowship programs include:
• Collaborative interdisciplinary research opportunities
• Training opportunities in more than 50 labs/branches
• Mentoring by internationally recognized scientists
• Use of state-of-the-art technologies, core facilities and equipment
DIVISION OF CANCER EPIDEMIOLOGY AND GENETICS
Fellows in the NCI’s Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics work with world-class scientists to explore the environmental and genetic causes of cancer and new approaches to its prevention.
• Design, carry out, analyze, and publish population, family, and laboratory-based studies
• Gain experience and skills in:
- diverse study designs
- novel analytic techniques
- genomics and informatics
- molecular epidemiology
CANCER PREVENTION FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
The NCI Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program is a 3-4 year multidisciplinary postdoctoral training program in cancer prevention and control.
Program features include:
• The opportunity to obtain a Master of Public Health degree
• Mentored cancer prevention research opportunities in epidemiology, biostatistics, laboratory, clinical, and social and behavioral
sciences at the NCI or the Food and Drug Administration
• NCI Summer Curriculum in Cancer Prevention
To learn more about NCI and how you can work in this exciting and dynamic environment, visit us on the Web by clicking APPLY NOW below.
Proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers