This job is no longer available
• Make a difference!
• Influence the future of water resource management in Australia
• Be part of Australia's premier science & technology research organisation.
CSIRO's Groundwater Hydrology Program requires a Hydrogeologist to conduct innovative research in the general area of groundwater hydrology, with a particular focus on inter-aquifer exchanges in regional groundwater systems.
The role of the Hydrogeologist will involve the following key duties:
• Conduct innovative research on inter-aquifer exchanges in regional groundwater systems and other groundwater processes using a combination of groundwater modelling and environmental tracer techniques;
• Present the results through oral and written reports for clients and the scientific community, collaborate on the uptake of the research results (if appropriate), advise policy makers and to inform and transfer knowledge to non-scientific audiences;
• Be responsible for significant research activities or elements of larger projects within and/or across divisions and external organisations;
• Provide scientific leadership and supervise others in accordance with research design and ensure projects are completed within the agreed timeframes and budget.
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Salary: $86K - $116K p.a. plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Ref No: SA00826
To be successful you will need:
• A degree of Doctor of Philosophy plus a number of years postdoctoral experience in the area of regional hydrogeology.
• A significant record of science publication in peer-reviewed journals commensurate withexperience;
• Demonstrated evidence of having undertaken a significant role in the quantification of hydrological fluxes through the application of environmental tracer methods;
• Demonstrated evidence in the use of groundwater modelling or other techniques to study regional hydrogeological processes;
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is Australia's national science agency and one of the largest and most diverse research agencies in the world. To find out more about CSIRO please visit http://www.csiro.au
Find out more! For further information please visit our website at CSIRO Careers
http://www.csiro.au/people/Careers.html, choose "Positions Vacant" and insert Reference Number SA00826 where indicated.
Applications close Sunday 25 March 2012