This job is no longer available
SSFR Clinical Project Manager - based Europe
(Countries the role can be based in: United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, The Netherlands, and Belgium)
Our client is one of the world's leading Pharmaceutical Services Companies, offering product development and commercialisation services to the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Devices industries. Their leading-edge capabilities provide healthcare companies with the potential to bring new medicines/devices through development and registration to the market place more quickly, with supporting medical and drug data that will significantly advance the cost effectiveness and quality of healthcare provision.
We are recruiting Clinical Project Managers to manage the execution of regionally-based clinical studies, from initiation through to closeout. This role is responsible for ensuring that all clinical study management and project deliverables are completed to the Sponsor's satisfaction, ensuring quality deliverables on time and within budget and in accordance with SOPs, policies and practices.
Manage and co-ordinate efforts of cross-functional project teams to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles and ensure consistent use of study tools and training materials and compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures.
Develop study management plans, together with team assignments and accountabilities and oversight of database maintenance.
Serve as primary project contact with Sponsor to ensure communication is maintained and reporting schedules are adhered to.
Collect information on team performance against contract, customer expectations, and project baselines.
Lead problem solving and resolution efforts to include management of risk, contingencies and issues.
Identify quality issues within the study to implement appropriate corrective action plans. Escalate findings and action plans to appropriate parties.
Provide input for the development of proposals for new work and manage project budgets.
Provide input to line managers of their project team members' performance relative to project tasks.
Prepare and present project information at internal and external meetings
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 5 years' clinical research experience including 2 years' project management experience and experience in clinical operations; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- CRO experience preferred
- May lack specific therapeutic or global experience for a permanent requisition, but otherwise demonstrate strong potential
- Strong regional experience; global experience not essential given scope is limited to regional activities
- Ideally, varied therapeutic experience, but not essential
- Therapeutic experience in any, all, or some of Allergy/Respiratory, Rheumatoid arthritis, Infectious Disease/Vaccines, Gastroenterology, General Internal Medicine
- Motivated by a future permanent opportunities by demonstrating their potential on a contractor basis
- Assist customer-facing CPMs with internal activities such as finance, CTMS, reports, contracts, customer reports, SSU liaising, project triaging.
- In depth knowledge of, and skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) guidelines
- Good therapeutic and protocol knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language
- Good problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics
- Good teamwork skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good judgment
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
Our client values individuality, fresh ideas, and the contribution that employees make to success. In return they offer career opportunities providing flexibility and growth across the organisation, covering multiple locations to suite your lifestyle requirements at this time, a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package.
Does it sound like you? If yes, please apply today and we can arrange to speak about this opportunity in more detail.