This job is no longer available
Are you an experienced chemist in the field of chromatography (LC & GC) and mass spectrometry (MS)? Are you an instrument user looking to find a dynamic job outside of the confines of a cubicle and the same lab year after year?
VRS is currently recruiting Service Specialists working at the forefront of chromatographic and mass spectrometric instrument technology. These positions focus on the installation, maintenance, repair, and customer support of LC/MS, GC/MS, and other mass spec products at customer sites in the San Fran. Bay, Kansas, or Boston area and surrounding states. As this is a field position, a vehicle is provided; all fuel, maintenance, and insurance expenses are paid for by the company.
- Install & maintain (preventative and repair) LC/MS & GC/MS product line
- Train customers in the use of installed instruments/software
- Document and report all repairs & product issues in a timely fashion
- Manage repair part inventory and refurb. instruments in your region
- Train and support regional staff and less experienced personnel
- Maintain knowledge of current technology and basic customer applications
- 50% overnight travel (must be available for some int’l travel)
- Minimum of BS/BA (Engineering, Chemistry, or Life Sciences preferred) +2 yrs experience with Mass Spec (LC/MS is a must!)
- Experienced mass spec users interested in gaining more technical instrument knowledge welcome!
- Excellent troubleshooting skills; must attack system level problems thoroughly and logically
- Strong interpersonal skills; versatile personality
- Cooperative and self-motivated working style
This is a permanent full time position. All applicants with a suitable background and drive to succeed are encouraged to apply!
(Also visit www.VRS-US.com to view related opportunities.)
Service specialist, FSE, field service engineer, LC/MS, liquid chromatography, HPLC, gas chromatography, GC/MS, UHPLC, LC/MS/MS, MS/MS, MALDI, ion trap, mass spectrometry, mass spec, instrumentation, instrument, vendor, electrical engineer, troubleshoot