FAS Ion Torrent PGM San Francisco CA
FIELD APPLICATIONS SCIENTIST - Ion Torrent PGM - San Francisco, Ca
This individual is a partner to the customer through the adoption and use of the Ion Torrent PGM next-generation sequencing system after installation. The position is field based, with an FAS incentive compensation plan based on the achievement of both personal and corporate goals.
- Provide initial training to customers at their own laboratories and/or at Life Technologies training locations.
- Assist customers in designing and conducting experiments to initiate and validate the use of PGM, in their laboratories.
- Provide information to customers regarding applications and related products for the next generation sequencing systems, including kits, reagents, and ancillary devices.
- Work with R&D and other internal teams to continually improve the capabilities and workflows associated with next generation sequencing data to support use of the platform in general and in strategic application areas.
- Provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Master's degree or greater in life science required.
- 3-5 years of previous laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques.
- Previous experience with customer support or other customer-facing work is desirable
- Strong preference to candidates who have solid next generation sequencing experience or molecular biology plus instrument engineering experience
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 50%.
- Desired: - A technically savvy individual who can assess customer experimental needs and implement training and experimental approaches to ensure customer success. - A problem solver with proven ability to overcome technical hurdles. - Customer minded individual with the empathy to understand customer concerns. - Concise communicator with the ability to get to the critical few requirements that will address customer needs. - Team player who can effectively integrate internal and field based activities across functions to support customer requirements. Individual will also need to balance and prioritize the requirements of several internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing environment.
Job ID: 10228BR apply