This job is no longer available
This individual is a partner to the customer through adoption and use of next-generation sequencing systems after installation. The position is field based, with incentive compensation on customer success and satisfaction metrics as well as efficiency.
- Provide initial training to customers at their own laboratories and/or at Life Technologies training locations.
- Assist customers in designing and conducting experiments to initiate and validate the use of next generation sequencing systems, SOLiD, 5500, and PGM, in their laboratories.
- Provide information to customers regarding applications and related products for the next generation sequencing systems, including kits, reagents, and ancillary devices.
- Work with R&D teams to continually improve the capabilities and workflows associated with next generation sequencing data to support use of the platform in general and in strategic application areas.
- Provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Master's degree or greater in life science required.
- 3-5 years of previous laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques.
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 30%.
- Desired: - A technically savvy individual who can assess customer experimental needs and implement training and experimental approaches to ensure customer success. - A problem solver with proven ability to overcome technical hurdles. - Customer minded individual with the empathy to understand customer concerns. - Concise communicator with the ability to get to the critical few requirements that will address customer needs. - Team player who can effectively integrate internal and field based activities across functions to support customer requirements. Individual will also need to balance and prioritize the requirements of several internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing environment.
Job ID: 8611BR apply