This job is no longer available
Instrument Sales Representative for Molecular Biology
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Making Life Even Better .
When it comes to the vision of shaping discovery and improving life, no other company can match the breadth of products and services in the life sciences field to meet this vision than Life Technologies. Created through the combination of biotechnology leaders Applied Biosystems and Invitrogen, Life Technologies' systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific exploration, driving to discoveries and developments that improve the human condition and the world around us. Our customers do their work across the biological spectrum, working to advance personalized medicine, regenerative science, molecular diagnostics, agricultural and environmental research, and 21st century forensics. With historical sales of approximately $3.5 billion, a presence in more than 100 countries, and a rapidly growing intellectual property estate of over 3,600 patents and exclusive licenses, we are poised to truly shape the world of science. Join a team of more than 9,500 employees around the world who are engaged, curious, insightful, responsible and driven to make life even better.
The Instruments Sales Representative, is a field sales-based position requiring a senior level of technical aptitude. The position manages sales processes in an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans. The Instruments Sales Representative will comprehend and utilize product features, benefits and applications accompanied with selling and business building skills to successfully promote and consummate the sale of Company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan.
The Instruments Sales Representative will also be a driver of business development at assigned major customer call points to penetrate and grow current and new business.
1. Exceed annual sales plan for product responsibilities
2. Provide product expertise with regard to market, AB applications and competition
3. Grow and diversify AB's customer base
4. Conduct effective customer presentations/seminars
5. Team with MB/GS reps, FAS, and Service teams to deliver on the sales plan
6. Accelerate growth for new products and emerging applications
7. Influence product groups, business planning, sales training content and sales tools
1. Ability to develop relationships and work effectively with customers and internal partners
2. Be accepted by customers as the consultant for key decisions on product choices
3. Possesses strong communication and presentation skills
4. Ability to leverage technical expertise to consistently deliver on sales targets
5. Demonstrates strong initiative; willingness to take ownership for results
6. Strong influencing and partnering skills; reaches out and operates as a team player
7. Ability to take territory and account knowledge and build a business plan and implement it in a way that will result in growth.
8. Understanding of the sales process and ability to influence customer buying decisions
9. Attention to detail; flexible and adaptable
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience. A Master degree or PhD in the life sciences is preferred.
Requires extensive knowledge of Molecular Biology, Drug Discovery, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industry . Knowledge of accounts in territory preferred. Experience with customer contact, teaching or public speaking helpful. Experience in IVGN Manufacturing, R&D, Technical Service, Customer Service helpful. Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or like programs helpful.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Job ID: 10439BR apply