This job is no longer available
• Lead the development of world class scientific capability
• A key strategic and scientific leadership role
• Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier scientific and research organisation
The Coastal Environmental Modelling Team is a core component of the Marine Biogeochemistry Research program within the CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Research Division. You will lead the coastal environmental modelling team, comprising 11 people including experienced hydrodynamic, sediment and biogeochemical modellers, and software engineers, studying major environmental issues around Australia.
Specifically you will:
• Lead and develop an internationally recognised coastal modelling team.
• Undertake leading edge scientific research and maintain strong national and international collaborations.
• Generate new projects and identify potential sources of funding.
• Effectively communicate our science to diverse audiences.
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Salary: $119K - $132K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref No: TAS02485
To be successful you will have:
• A PhD and at least 10 years research experience in coastal modelling in one or more of the areas of hydrodynamics, sediment dynamics, biogeochemistry and water quality.
• A broad understanding of interdisciplinary coastal marine science and the role and applications of modelling.
• Demonstrated track record in the successful application of coastal modelling and coastal science more broadly to support environmental management.
• Demonstrated strong team and project leadership skills, and successful record of developing and leading large research projects.
• A strong international scientific reputation and publication record.
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
About the Research Group
For more information on CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Research please visit our website at:
For further information and to apply online for the position of Senior Coastal Modeller please visit our website at http://www.csiro.au/careers, under "Positions Vacant" search for Reference Number TAS02485
Closing date: 1 August 2012