This job is no longer available
Senior Materials Scientist c35-50k
A senior materials scientist is urgently required to join an expanding company in the materials field. As an experienced materials scientist you will join a dynamic team of industrial problem solvers to drive projects through the application of materials science for multinational clients. This materials analysis service is crucial to maintenance of allowing customers manufacturing lines to run to specified timescales. The senior materials scientist will play a crucial role in the day-to-day scientific analysis of materials projects and solutions to customers.
- Design and manage the scientific analysis of materials problems from customers
- Understand and define customer problems
- Design and carry out scientific analysis
· Present science-based reports in formats which customers can use
- Identify appropriate solutions and present in formats which customers can use
- Communicate solution and timescales effectively with customers
- Deliver solutions on tight timescales
Excellent benefits package commensurate with skills and.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Degree MSc or PhD qualification in materials science, metallurgy, ceramics, polymer chemistry
· Experience in use of SEMs, EDX, FT-IR and/or other microanalysis tools
· Likely to have worked within a successful scientific team delivering science materials testing to commercial customers
· Experience of electronic device materials essential
· Skills in problem solving and analytical thinking
· Practical ‘hands on’ ability
· Excellent communications skills
To Apply: Please contact Alison Fisher AF/016189 on 020 7421 5200, 07814547440 or apply to
For up to date career opportunities please visit www.hs-scientific.co.uk. Due to a high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted within seven days of submitting your CV please assume that your application will not be taken further.