This job is no longer available
Technical Field Specialist (Mechanical Engineer) c22-26k (+ Car + Benefits)
South East AF/016191
An experienced field based mechanical engineer is urgently required to provide planning and execution of routine breakdown, maintenance inspections and repairs of chemical systems of an international company. As mechanical engineer you will join this expanding company who has a strong emphasis adding value through quality product, service and technical support.
You will work from home providing a service to our customers in southern England. You will have a positive approach to problem solving and a willingness to take initiative and work flexibly as part of a team.
- Undertake planned maintenance on customers' dosing equipment.
- Carry out technical field work to support existing business and develop new opportunities.
- Troubleshoot faults in chemical dosing units and monitoring systems.
- Participate in development projects and commissioning of equipment where applicable.
- Maintain and develop dosing expertise and engineering standards.
- Identify areas for improvement and cost saving.
- Generate scopes, method statements and risk assessments.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Appropriate mechanical/engineering qualification (City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3 minimum).
- Experience of field based problem solving on chemical dosing systems preferred.
- Knowledge of UK engineering standards and H &S requirements
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills - clear and concise written and verbal.
- Organised and structured approach to work.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Driving Licence
Salary/ Benefits: £22,000-£26,000 + £600 home office allowance + Company Car/Van + BUPA + Employer DC pension scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Fisher AF/016191 on 020 7421 5200, or apply to
For up to date career opportunities please visit www.hs-scientific.co.uk. Due to a high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted within seven days of submitting your CV please assume that your application will not be taken further.