This job is no longer available
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors
The purpose of this role will be to support New Product Development teams in the evolution of new and existing products, specifically taking a leading role in the areas of fluid flow and thermal management, by imparting knowledge and best practice to Design Engineers.
The Fluid Dynamics Engineer will be expected to identify and develop new opportunities/tools/methods with the aim of enhancing the performance, reliability and time to market of Dyson products.
This is what we need you to do...
• Provide advice and guidance to NPD project teams relating to fluid flow and thermal management.
• Support of this advice through experimental validation and other relevant analysis methods including computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
• Contribution to Fluid Dynamics research activities, identifying new technologies & opportunities for product development.
• Keep Team Leader advised on progress of allocated design projects.
• Represent the Fluid Dynamics team at weekly project cross-team meetings.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with NPD engineers at all levels.
• Effective collaboration and liaison with appropriate technical departments in Dyson Malaysia.
• Ensuring detailed, accountable written records are kept with the aid of the NPD database.
This is what we need you to have...
• A first degree or Masters in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
• A good working knowledge of fundamental thermodynamics and fluid dynamics.
• A good understanding of the principles and application of CFD, with previous experience of ANSYS-Fluent and/or ANSYS-CFX beneficial.
• Previous experience of commercial mesh generation tools would be beneficial (preferably ANSYS-ICEMCFD, Gambit and/or ANSYS-Mesh.)
• A minimum of one year’s previous experience within a Fluid Dynamics/Thermal role in an industrial or consultancy-based environment.
• A sound understanding of experimental techniques, particularly with regard to pressure, temperature and flow measurement.
• A good working knowledge of commercial CAD tools, preferably Unigraphics NX.
• A good working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel (with preferably VBA).
• An understanding of both Windows & Linux operating systems.
• Good analytical ability and attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.
• Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas, in line with core Dyson values.
• Able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
• Excellent team-working skills
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required package.
Further information about Dyson is available at our website www.careers.dyson.com