This job is no longer available
Under the direction of the Pharmaceutical Microbiologist, you will be responsible for routine microbiology testing for internal and external customers. These activities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for routine microbiological testing, including: sterility testing, endotoxin testing, growth promotion, microbial identification, and other tests according to the USP and EP
- Responsible for routine monthly environmental monitoring according to standard operating procedures
- Assist in the maintenance of the CPDC Microbiology Laboratory according to Health Canada GMPs, including records, procedures, materials, equipment, and routine operations
- Assist with inventory and management of microbiological materials
- Write technical documents, including standard operating procedures and standard test methods.
- Responsible for calibration of equipment
- Adherence to CNSC and GMP regulations by maintaining complete records pertaining to all aspects of microbiological testing, routine operations, and equipment maintenance and equipment maintenance
- Responsible for understanding and working under the Health Canada GMP requirements for sterile pharmaceuticals and the Annex to the Good Manufacturing Practices Guidelines Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) for Positron Emitting Radiopharmaceuticals (PERs)
- Complete all other related duties that support the core activities and mission of the Centre
Desired Skills & Experience
- College Degree in Microbiology or related field
- BSc in Microbiology or related field
- 0 – 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience with GMP is considered an asset
This position requires working with radioactive materials and could involve variable starting times.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume via email by clicking APPLY NOW below.
Attention: Justyna Troczynska