This job is no longer available
Come be a part of the company that’s Making Medicine Smarter™ for millions of Americans.
UBC-Envision Group is seeking top-notch Senior Medical Writers to join our growing organization. With a range of unique scientific and cutting-edge technology solutions including Datavision™, we are market leaders in medical communications.
Bring your experience and knowledge to a fast-paced, growing medical communications company. Here you will do important work on a variety of projects, and feel a sense of prestige when you join a reputable organization that is still young and dynamic, looking to hire the best minds, and the most experienced medical writers. Ideally, you will have a relevant higher degree and have worked in a medical communications agency or equivalent. You will demonstrate excellent writing and quality control, serve as a key client/author liaison, champion key therapeutic areas, be responsible for managing your projects and successfully delivering outputs, and have an appreciation for the nuances of publication planning, strategy and implementation. You will be conversant with the many and varied tasks of a scientific, medical communication professional.
• Team-based and scientifically stimulating environment
• Flexible working arrangements
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• 401(k) with immediate vesting
• Excellent medical writing ability with high scientific accuracy
• Medical writing experience directed to both scientists and/or physicians
• PhD in Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Biomedicine; MD or PharmD
• Knowledge of American Medical Association (AMA) guidelines and Good Publication Practice (GPP) for pharmaceutical companies
• Experience working with pharmaceutical clients, thought leaders, and authors
• Familiarity with publication guidelines and journal requirements
• Familiarity with Datavision™ a plus
• Write/manage publication plan outputs, e.g. abstracts, posters, manuscripts (primary and secondary), presentations, slide kits, and other publications and communications initiatives to a consistently high standard
• Maintain comprehensive knowledge of authors, congresses, journal publishers, etc in designated therapy area(s), as well as up-to-date knowledge of competitor products
• Attend and participate in face-to-face client/author meetings as necessary
• Develop content and modify writing style for different medical audiences and publication/project output types
• Manage and drive forward delivery of project components undertaken by others
• Ensure necessary scientific and editorial quality control checks are undertaken on draft copy and written by yourself prior to its provision to client
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V