This job is no longer available
Job ID: 13135
Location: Summit, NJ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Medical Operations Admin - 3602
Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 70 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology, hematology and immune and inflammatory disease. If you would like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Celgene family.
B.S. degree required, advanced degree preferred (MBA, MS). A minimum of 10 years progressive pharmaceutical/biotech/CRO industry experience is required. At least 7 years in drug development and a detailed knowledge of the overall drug development process are required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Execute against the Celgene Global Clinical Research and Development Operations sourcing strategy to improve the value of external collaborations by delivering enhanced quality, consistency in delivery, cost savings, and improved reliability of clinical vendor performance
- Provide global functional oversight in supporting program-specific outsourced services
- Consolidate and leverage global volume to minimize transactional costs and overall complexity of the sourcing strategy
- Collaborate with external suppliers to utilize a global, program-level sourcing strategy to increase operational efficiency and advance a more virtual sourcing model combining internal and external expertise sets
- Advance virtual development strategies with strategic partners to enable efficient and flexible operating models
- Ensure overall performance of the outsourced portfolio through use of key performance indicators, continuous improvement strategies, and necessary issue resolution actions
- Leverage and standardize business processes, systems, and tools to foster innovation and efficiency
- Oversee costing and pricing activities addressing functional, geographic, and development requirements.
- Responsible for defining business requirements for technology innovations
- Manage the global Celgene resource allocation model for efficient utility of staff
- Focus on quality, compliance, and ongoing inspection readiness
- 10+ years of applicable clinical sourcing, operations, and supply chain management experience in the both pharmaceutical clinical development and/or contract research organizations
- 5+ years of global line management experience (across regions/offices)
- Technical, deep knowledge clinical development operations, specifically within the global/international trial environment
- Experienced with matrix management and evolving innovations including internal and external stakeholders. This includes elements of change management at different levels in the organization
- Strong leadership skills which includes talent management, employee development, and organizational effectiveness
- Ongoing awareness of industry trends and changes to ensure cutting edge strategies can be effectively deployed
- Strong problem solving skills where implementing proactive and preventative measures to measure risks and plan for effective and acceptable solutions
- Strong financial acumen, which includes financial analysis, contract management, and cost analysis
- Build internal partnerships and expand on collaborating effectively with business partnerships, geographic regions, and company cultures
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Celgene support of a potential employee's temporary visa application be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the employee and Celgene.