This job is no longer available
Job ID: 12475
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Category: Manufacturing/Tech Ops
Department: Manufacturing - 1101
Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 70 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology, hematology and immune and inflammatory disease. If you would like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Celgene family.
- Requires a Bachelors degree in a related field from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 10 years related experience in a regulated industry, preferably a pharmaceutical environment, including 5 years of progressive management experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may substitute.
The Manager, Manufacturing is responsible for the overall management, direction and coordination of production personnel and processes and is expected to maintain a compliant, effective and efficient operation that meets or exceeds site goals and objectives. Areas of responsibilities include preparation, filling, lyophilization.
- Maintain manufacturing areas that are compliant, efficient, effective and safe.
- Ensure adequate systems, procedures, personnel and equipment are in place to effectively manufacture bulk product, clean/store/prepare equipment and components, fill/cap/lyophilize/aseptic products.
- Assist in establishing manufacturing department goals that support site goals. Ensure employees have the resources needed to meet or exceed their goals. Provide senior management with monthly updates.
- Assist in developing a manufacturing budget that supports the production plan. Be accountable for variances. Provide senior management with monthly updates.
- Identify owners and technical reviewers for all manufacturing SOPs. Mentor owners and reviewers to ensure procedures are compliant, efficient and effective.
- Select and foster a well trained, motivated and informed staff. Ensure adequate trained personnel are available to perform all manufacturing activities. Mentor Supervisors. Conduct department meetings. Work closely with Human Resources on Policy changes, interpretation and execution; Hiring of new employees, Employee disciplinary action, Performance Appraisals and Personnel Development.
- Work closely with Engineering/Maintenance to reduce downtime, improve equipment reliability. Assist with design of new systems/facilities related to the Department.
- Work closely with Material Management and Quality regarding component problems and maintaining Production Stores/Warehouse inventory.
- Work closely with Environmental, Maintenance, Metrology, and Validation departments to ensure Area Environmental monitoring, PM, Calibration and Re-Qualification schedules are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Celgene support of a potential employee's temporary visa application be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the employee and Celgene.