This job is no longer available
Job ID: 13085
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Category: Quality Ops
Department: Quality Control - 1103
Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 70 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology, hematology and immune and inflammatory disease. If you would like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Celgene family.
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Chemistry or related science from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 0-4 years related experience in a regulated laboratory, preferably in a pharmaceutical laboratory environment.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may substitute.
The Analyst performs and documents testing to support routine analysis of utility, raw material, in-process, finished product and stability samples. The incumbent assures individual compliance with the DEA and FDA regulations, cGMP's and applicable department programs, including training, documentation, standard operating procedures, and Abraxis policies and procedures. Performs shift work as assigned. Approximate shift hours - 1st Shift: 6:00 am - 2:30 pm; 2nd Shift: 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm; 3rd Shift 10:00 pm - 6:30 am. Daily work hours may occasionally extend to up to 12 hrs. on an as-needed basis.
- Perform responsibilities in accordance with organization's policies and procedures.
- Prepare standard and sample solutions as required by test methods.
- Operate general analytical instruments during testing, (i.e. HPLC, GC, UV-VIS and IR spectrophotometers)
- Perform wet chemistry tests (i.e. LOD, pH, and titration).
- Maintain appropriate documentation as required by laboratory SOPs.
- Comply with good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Celgene support of a potential employee's temporary visa application be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the employee and Celgene.