This job is no longer available
Reporting to the Creative Director, the role will involve medical writing, managing a small team of writers with a variety of skill sets and experience and providing strategic and scientific insight into a variety of client brands.
A global healthcare advertising agency that has formed a distinctive position in the marketplace as the premier creator of world-class healthcare brands. The company is uniquely experienced, organized, and staffed to build and manage truly global, fully, integrated brands. The company’s primary focus is professional promotion, which includes advertising, sales-force support, and customer marketing, and also services the full complement of healthcare marketing needs.
· Use their scientific knowledge to provide insights into client brand strategy and the concepts of creative teams
· Conveys ideas and information in an effective and clear, concise manner, verbally and in writing, in individual and group situations
· Is able to show evidence of experience in producing a variety of materials for the pharmaceutical industry, including details aids (printed and digital), leavepieces, mailers, websites, training materials etc.
· Comfortable with briefing colleagues on the background science of diseases and therapies, and keeps on top of core claims and references
· Takes the lead when presenting to clients, including during pitches
· Provides constructive criticism to others’ work and be able to accept criticism themselves
· Forms good working relationships with colleagues and clients, and able to work as part of a team
· Takes overall responsibility for the quality of the medical writing output of the agency
· Jointly responsible with traffic for ensuring copy workload is appropriately resources
· Can evaluate creative and medical material
· Starts to build internal and external relationships in meetings and pitches
· Is closely involved in the professionals development of the medical writers within the agency
Science degree a minimum, PhD preferable; scientific background and robust, scientific understanding; understand the vision/strategy of the brand; excellent written English (vocabulary and grammar) and attention to detail; possesses an intimate knowledge of media formats; has working knowledge of the current digital opportunities available for healthcare brands; experience with editorial software packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel); knowledge of common regulations surrounding medical communications (e.g. ABPI code of practice) and the process of medical approval.
To discuss this role in more detail in confidence please call Vanessa Elms on 0203 178 7488 or out of office hours on 07896 69 39 60 E-mail – Vanessa@peoplewithchemistry.com
Contact via LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/meetvanessaelms
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/meet_vanessa
Find out more about Meet at www.peoplewithchemistry.com
Meet are good people who are great at recruitment. We're proud to partner with the industry's leading Pharmaceutical and Healthcare companies, helping them find and secure the best global talent available