This job is no longer available
A global leader in technology innovation needs a talented MSc/MChem/PhD qualified Organic Chemist (or Materials Scientist) with some commercial experience working in the Consumer/Medical Sector. The role of the Organic Chemist/Materials Scientist will be work on the development of next-generation technology products from initial market analysis through R&D, manufacture and every stage in-between. The ideal candidate with be a recently graduated MChem/ PhD Chemist/Materials Scientist with at least a year's relevant commercial experience and will have knowledge of some of the following : Polymer Materials - Processing & applications, Formulation Chemistry and/or Process Science.
Role - Organic Chemist / Materials Scientist
Location - Cambridgeshire
Salary - Up to £32K
This Global Leader is looking for a talented Organic Chemist / Materials Scientist to join their team to assist them in developing the next generation of technologies within their core business of patient care devices, manufacturing systems and surgical technologies on behalf of several very well known clients.
The Organic Chemist will be working in the prestigious Science & Technology group and will be taking part in the creation, analysis and development of new technologies
This will involve:
- Creative problem solving and concept generation
- Technology Scouting -searching for new and potentially disruptive technologies for commercial exploitation.
- Analysis and feasibility assessment by practical experience and modelling
- Proof of Principle demonstration in which ideas are rapidly brought to life
- Safety critical system/product analysis & design including medical technology & applications
As Organic Chemist:
- You will be applying technical expertise to effectively analyse and consult on the use and characterisation of chemicals and materials for medical devices, consumer products and industrial applications
- Lab testing and experimental planning
- Technology and partner scouting
To be considered for the role of Organic Chemist/Materials Scientist you need the following skills and experiences:
- A 2.1 or above in a Masters/MSc/MChem - a PhD would be highly desirable
- Commercial experience specifically in the consumer and/or medical sectors
- Excellent knowledge of Organic Chemistry and either:
- Polymer Materials including their processing and applications
- Formulation chemistry
- Process Science
- Good understanding of chemicals, materials and their properties
- Experience of both office based and lab based and practical laboratory or industrial research
- Good knowledge in the use of common materials characterisation techniques
Key Skills: PhD, DPhil, EngD, MChem, MSc, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Polymer, materials, nanomaterials, formulation, formulate, consumer, medical, processing.