This job is no longer available
VRS is currently recruiting a highly experienced chemist or biochemist with at least 7 years of industry experience in chromatographic method development for small molecule extraction, separation, and analysis. This position is in a specialty method development group (pseudo-CRO) tasked with creating solutions for complex separations with which other labs have struggled. It is lab-based, but highly customer-facing, and requires excellent interpersonal communication and collaborative skills.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Promote company product line through development of analytical solutions for various markets and emerging applications (e.g. Pharma, Clinical, Food Safety, Environmental)
- SPE, HPLC, & LC/MS method development and optimization from scratch for a wide range of small molecule applications
- Support customers utilizing company products/methods on a global scale (~25% travel)
- Collaborate with Sales and R&D to create content for corporate marketing communications campaigns
- Small group management (1-4) of technical projects
- Minimum of BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Life Sciences
- 7+ years chromatographic (SPE, HPLC, UHPLC) method development experience. Knowledge of column manufacturing a plus!
- Hands-on experience (2+ years) with LC/MS/MS. AB Sciex quad experience is highly sought!
- Versatile, proactive personality, with a strong business acumen
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; sound judgement/ reasoning, and highly organized
This is a permanent full time position with an annual salary of $100-120k. Relocation will be provided for the right candidate!
All applicants with a suitable background and drive to succeed are encouraged to apply.
(Also visit www.VRS-US.com to view related opportunities.)
Applications, Scientist, Chemist, SPE, solid phase extraction, LC-MS, liquid chromatography, HPLC, UHPLC, LC-MS/MS, mass spec, instrumentation, instrument, troubleshooting, method development, analytical chemist, quantitative, QqQ, triple quadrupole, pharmaceutical, food safety, environmental, clinical, CRO, ABI 3000, ABI 4000