This job is no longer available
Trelleborg AB is a leading international engineering and manufacturing group with 100 production plants and over 20,000 people across 40 countries. Trelleborg Offshore, with its UK Engineering & Technology Centre of Excellence, is committed to mentoring and developing your career in parallel with reinforcing our unrivalled levels of expertise & know-how in utilising advanced materials and delivering high integrity solutions for the harshest offshore environments.
There is a need to attract high calibre candidates with the potential and desire to apply your talent around the world, in a fast paced and dynamic multi-sited international business.
Materials Scientist - Reaction/Polymer Chemistry
Technical Support - Manufacturing/Process Environment
Excellent Packages + Relocation Assistance
UK Based - North West
Working within ‘Innovation and Technology’ you would join a multi-skilled materials development team, providing ‘hands on’ expertise in direct support of operations including manufacturing, engineering and purchasing in a role that would involve:
• Supporting the business by understanding and idealising manufacturing processes centred around reaction chemistry including the comprehension & control of factors including mixing characteristics, fluid flow over moving particles and resin cure behaviour etc
• Assisting manufacturing excellence with real-time projects designed to improve efficiencies and reduce waste whilst confirming by experimentation, the efficacy and suitability of materials due for use in manufacturing
• Contributing to ‘innovation’ projects, i.e. researching and analysing new dispensing methodologies and technologies as well as alternative materials including next generation polyurethanes and top-end thermoplastics etc
• Generating and modifying technical purchasing specifications for raw materials.
• Generating and modifying standard operating procedures.
• Supporting the resolution of non-conformance reports by contributing to, or leading root cause analysis.
• Performing dispensing / mixing machine calibration and parameter adjustment.
Pro-active, innovative and flexible, with a positive ‘can-do’ approach – these are the principal characteristics critical to the success of anyone joining this organisation and your career to date should visibly demonstrate a clear ability to add real value to the ongoing performance of a growth-focused business. In short, we’re seeking degree qualified chemists/materials scientists whose personality and drive is balanced with proven experience of applying process chemistry to optimise manufacturing operations in a high integrity engineering environment using reaction chemistry and advanced materials technology. A full job description is available on request.
Click ‘Opportunities’ on www.mva-recruit.co.uk to view ‘Trelleborg Offshore Introduction’
To apply, simply email your CV & salary details, together with any initial questions to:
Michael Verity, Managing Director, MVA: email@example.com