This job is no longer available
Merck Millipore plays an integral part in the life science community, harnessing our passion and innovation to help researchers and drug producers around the world. As science advances, we advance with it, offering new insight and cutting-edge technologies helping our customers solve the world’s most challenging human health issues.
Our promise to our customers is that we’ll be there every step of the way. If you share our goals and values, and want to make your mark at a rapidly growing international company, join us and help advance the future of life science together. Merck Millipore is a division of Merck KGaA.
Merck is a global pharmaceutical and chemical company with a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by around 40,000 employees in 64 countries around the world.
The Imaging Sales Specialist is responsible for the Image StreamX by Amnis capital equipment sales and associated reagents throughout UK. He/ she reports to the European Instrumentation Sales Manager.
Achieve the sales target by:
- Selling the assigned capital equipments and associated reagents, according to Merck-Millipore Bioscience priorities within an assigned territory.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies and tactics for meeting revenue goals and increasing general awareness of Merck-Millipore within key accounts.
- Manage all aspects related to sales including but not limited to: prospecting, qualifying leads, quoting, demonstrating equipment, maintaining a database, closing orders.
- Effectively manage high-level technical discussions with key customers to ensure understanding and adoption of Millipore products and services within this/her areas of responsibility. Capacity to communicate complex scientific concepts in a concise and effective manner, especially when speaking in public (frequent during technical seminars).
- Develop and strengthen customer relationships at a variety of levels within an organization to enhance awareness and adoption of all Merck-Millipore products and services.
- Maximize the benefit of close collaboration with the Field Application Specialists to prepare, coordinate and execute successful equipment demonstrations at customer sites.
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork with the Account Manager team to ensure that Image Stream X opportunities are being recognized and managed appropriately in a team sales approach.
- Analyze accounts & territory sales data regularly and share with line manager in order to:
- provide accurate forecasts and detailed comments when requested,
- define and implement immediate corrective actions and future priorities,
- Fully utilize all tools (e.g. SFDC, Lotus Notes DB’s, Web) to prepare calls, maintain and update records and increase selling efficiency.
- Respect, live and share with external and internal customers the Merck-Millipore values.
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification, or higher degree in cellular biology. Ph.D. in cell biology and or immunology preferred including at least 3 years practical experience in High Content Imaging.
- Preference will be given to candidates with post graduate business qualifications (e.g. MBA)
- An in-depth hands-on knowledge of Flow Cytometry and/or High Content Imaging is critical to be successful in the position.
- Two to five years proven track record of meeting/ exceeding sales targets in high-end capital equipment sales in the life science or biotech market.
- Preference given to candidates with business-to-business sales experience.
- Willingness to travel extensively to accomplish assigned objectives (50% or greater)
- Excellent project leadership and facilitation skills.
- Experience in delivering effective highly scientific / technical presentations to scientific researchers
- Demonstrated interpersonal and persuasive communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and success in preparing and implementing strategic business plans at a major account level.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Strong problem solving and computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office software in a business environment.
- Strong desire to succeed and ability to execute on multiple tasks or projects.
- Bilingual German with excellent command of English. Knowledge of any other European language is considered an advantage (Dutch)
Merck Millipore values your talents
Merck Millipore offers an attractive international working environment, valuing your talents and training you to develop new skills. We believe in building a strong relationship with our employees. Merck Millipore encourages diversity.