This job is no longer available
As Senior Scientist, Gene Discovery, you will lead the Gene Discovery team in delivering molecular biology projects, by generation of genetic constructs for assessment in transient expression systems, for transformation into plant lines through the coordination of internal and external projects. As Senior Scientist, Gene Discovery you will also introduce or improve molecular methodologies and processes, acting as a technical expert in this area.
As Senior Scientist, Gene Discovery you will coach, develop and lead a small team of scientists focussing on gene discovery. This team is responsible for isolating and cloning gene targets for assessment in a transient expression system or transformed plants.
Working in collaboration with a range of internal and external stakeholders you will apply your plant molecular biology and plant physiology expertise and leadership skills to achieve success. You will also support the development of the wider biotechnology network to broaden scientific understanding and help establish new relationships, where appropriate extending to collaboration or licensing of new technologies.
- Support the delivery of gene targets for evaluation
- Evaluate novel gene targets and develop a pipeline for molecular and biochemical assessment
- Provide molecular biology support for the delivery of projects
- Develop and apply knowledge of plant molecular biology, gene expression, and regulatory requirements on genetic modification
- Write project or study reports, publications and presentations for external forums
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree (ideally MSc or PhD) in molecular biology, or several years industry-relevant experience in genetic modifications
- Expertise in gene discover, isolation and cloning
- Knowledge of advanced techniques in DNA sequencing and detection, and expression analysis
- Supervisory or management experience
- Writing and presenting scientific information for management and technical review
- Experience of working with external partners advantageous
- Project management and budget management skills
My client offers a friendly team environment, advanced research facilities and equipment, and a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, share save and bonus scheme. In addition, for those needing to move to take up this position my client offers a full relocation support. Further details on request.
Closing Date: Friday, 29th June
For More Info/ To Apply:
Please contact Adam Isle at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment on +44 (0)207 421 5232 / +44 (0)7875 686 226. To apply, simply email your CV as a Microsoft Word format document to: email@example.com quoting ‘Senior Scientist, Gene Discovery’.