This job is no longer available
Job ID: 13103
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Category: Manufacturing/Tech Ops
Department: Plant Engineering - 1113
Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 70 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology, hematology and immune and inflammatory disease. If you would like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Celgene family.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related science from an accredited college or university with 5-7 years related experience in a pharmaceutical or engineering environment.
- Solid knowledge of facility and construction processes and project management.
- Familiarity with the Pharmaceutical Industry as related to cGMP, regulatory standards, quality systems and Biotech processes.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may substitute.
- This position requires excellent problem solving and communications skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project, and AutoCAD.
Responsibilities include the management of multidiscipline projects. Work includes management of engineers and/or architects as required by each assignment. Projects will range from the performing investigations and developing reports, to capital projects. The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for running cross-functional internal project teams of customer processes from initiation through project closeout and will be the primary internal and external contact regarding the day-to-day execution of the project.
- Primary interface with the Customer for issues regarding the day to day running of the project
- Responsible for the internal running of customer projects. Accountable for project initiation, planning and for overseeing project execution, implementation, and closeout.
- Develop the project scope, define project guidelines, prepare project funding requests, obtain cross-functional sponsor approvals, and coordinate the resources necessary to successfully complete the project.
- Direct a multi-disciplinary project team to ensure delivery of the project on time, on budget and to the level of quality expected by the Customer.
- Expected to communicate major milestones both internally and externally.
- Identify potential project risks, provide continuing direction to the project team and conduct regular status meetings to review project activities.
- Responsible for prioritizing procedures for changing scope and project acceptance procedures.
- Responsible for the generation and issue of Project Team Meeting Minutes.
- Manage internal conflicting resource demands with the objective of keeping the project on track.
- Responsible for resolving internal project team issues and for coordinating decision making within the team.
- Organize internal pre meetings prior to customer interactions to ensure the suitability of presentations and to ensure everyone is in agreement with any results and conclusions.
- Nearing project completion, the Project Engineer is expected to obtain feedback to assure that project efforts meet the customers' expectations for agreed upon schedule, cost and objectives.
- Ensure the successful completion of owned projects and resolve any issues that may hinder project success. In addition, effectively lead the project team while maintaining good morale.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Celgene support of a potential employee's temporary visa application be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the employee and Celgene.