This job is no longer available
One of the world's leading biotechnology companies,
is dedicated to making a major positive impact on the lives of people with serious diseases. Since its founding in 1981, the company has introduced breakthrough treatments that have provided new hope for patients. The company's areas of focus are rare genetic diseases, multiple sclerosis, cardiovascular disease, and endocrinology.
Genzyme is a Sanofi company.
Genzyme's press releases and other company information are available at
, a global and diversified healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, rare diseases, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and animal health. Sanofi is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: SAN) and in New York (NYSE: SNY).
Thought Leader Liaison, Multiple Sclerosis
The Thought Leader Liaison role is field-based position focused on working closely with Key Opinion Leaders at MS Centers across the country as the Genzyme MS products / services expert and to ensure cross-functional resources are made available as appropriate to facilitate the use of Genzyme MS products. In this role, you will work closely with field and home office based colleagues in Marketing, Medical, Sales, Patient Support, and Corporate Accounts.
· Work within the Genzyme regulatory and legal compliance guidelines.
· Act as Genzyme MS primary point of contact and MS product / services expert for key MS Centers across the country.
· Coordinate efforts in support of MS Centers by acting as the "quarterback" of all field based cross-functional teams.
· Act as the primary liaison between KOLs / MS Centers and home office cross-functional teams.
· Identify, profile, cultivate and maintain long-term relationships with MS Centers and KOLs within the MS community
· Lead the development of Key Account / engagement plans for each assigned KOL / MS Center.
· Execute a customer centric needs based approach with targeted KOLs
· Build advocacy with KOLs using on-label and PRC-approved materials
· Play a key role in enabling the understanding of diseases, mechanisms of diseases, and the potential role of Genzyme MS products in the management of
these diseases using on-label and PRB-approved materials
· Assist in the execution of Advisory Boards. This may involve identifying, recommending, and inviting potential advisors, moderators and speakers
· Work closely with targeted KOLs to obtain feedback to be considered in the development of MS Franchise and Brand-related strategies
· Attend local, regional and national meetings as directed
· A Bachelor's degree
· Demonstrated leadership skills.
· A minimum of seven years of work experience in one or more of the following: field sales, product marketing, or medical / clinical experience in the same
or related therapeutic area within the pharmaceutical / biotech industry.
· Ability to present ideas effectively to individuals or groups, targeting presentation to the needs of the audience.
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong project management experience, including superior analytical and planning skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work independently to execute against strategic and tactical plans under tight timelines.
· Ability to assemble and lead cross-functional teams toward a shared vision of success.
· Ability to travel to meetings/trainings/programs as necessary
· Valid driver's license
· Must reside within the geographic area of the assigned territory
· ~80% travel required
MS experience strongly preferred
Experience leading teams preferred
Master's degree preferred
Launch experience and understanding of local managed markets environment preferred
United States-New York-Field Based
May 4, 2012