This job is no longer available
Illumina is a company which has grown rapidly to become recognised as the leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of next-generation life-science tools & integrated systems for large-scale analysis of genetic variation and biological function. A high growth and entrepreneurial business, Illumina has been named multiple times in the Forbes 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies.
We are expanding rapidly, and hiring in all departments.
Reporting to the Director of Consumables Product Development at the Chesterford, UK site, you will focus on the design, development, integration and testing of cutting edge genomic analysis solutions. The focus of the role will be on the timely development of Next Generation Sequencing biochemistries to ensure Industry-leading performance and ease-of-use as well as commercial levels of robustness, within a structured product development process. The position requires an experienced technical and team leader with proven abilities in taking a project from concept through to commercialization.
Duties will include:
• Participating in and leading development projects using a product development process
• Exploring new technologies and identifying creative solutions to overcome current process and assay limitations
• Developing strategies to ensure effective achievement of company objectives
• Supervising and directing scientists and research assistants
• Building strong working relationships across functional areas of the company
• Designing, implementing, analysing and presenting experiments to demonstrate the feasibility of new methods
• Optimising assay and process conditions to achieve commercial levels of stability and performance
• Collaborating with the quality control group to develop quality control tools, methods and metrics
• Creating scalable infrastructures
• Ph. D. in biological sciences
• Significant commercial product development experience
• Previous management experience
• Experience in chip based genetic assay development methods is desirable
• Experience in development of Next Gen sequencing systems, biochemistry and assays is desirable
• Experience of developing or implementing high throughput production systems is a plus
• Proven skills in the analysis of large and complex data sets are required
• A demonstrated ability to understand and successfully work across multiple disciplines such as engineering, software and manufacturing is highly desirable
• Excellent program/project management skills – including scheduling, budgeting, resource management, etc – are required.
• The candidate must be detail oriented and highly motivated
• The candidate must have a desire to be a part of a fast paced, multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
• Solid communication and writing skills are required
Please apply for this position online by clicking on the following link: https://www.illumina.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=4442&CurrentPage=1