This job is no longer available
Illumina is a company which has grown rapidly to become recognised as the leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of next-generation life-science tools & integrated systems for large-scale analysis of genetic variation and biological function. A high growth and entrepreneurial business, Illumina has been named multiple times in the Forbes 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies.
We are expanding rapidly, and hiring in all departments.
This is an onsite account managing position supporting the French region. It will involve managing the customer sales process for specific products lines, accounts and/or sales opportunities below a defined amount via phone and e-mail. A significant degree of second language communication will take place.
• Managing the customer sales process for specific products lines, accounts and/or sales opportunities below a defined amount via phone and e-mail.
• Backing-up the Regional Account Manager when travelling. Booking customer visits, events and providing campaign support.
• Marketing related activities including, co-ordinating and reacting upon leads, co-ordinating and optimising process, gathering feedback on marketing related questions and interacting with the marketing team.
• Working collaboratively with senior field sales managers to meet and exceed sales quotas for a defined product line and/or sales territory. This Includes establishing new customers and maintaining/growing existing customer accounts.
• Establishing and maintaining strong, positive, productive relationships with customer accounts including product end-users, management and purchasing contacts.
• Making outbound contact to existing and prospective customers to identify sales opportunities, promoting relevant marketing/sales promotional programs and initiating the sales process.
• Entering and maintaining lead, customer and sales opportunity forecast data into CRM database.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions for this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required - business, science or technical degree strongly preferred.
The candidate must be fluent in both English and French.
• 2+ years successful sales experience with a technical product line is strongly preferred.
• Genetic analysis sales experience and/or familiarity with the Illumina product line is a plus.
• The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others.
• The candidate must have outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• The candidate will have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customer personality types, particularly the ability to interact well with highly educated research scientist customers.
• The candidate will have a strong ability to identify customer needs, obstacles to the sales process and solutions using Illumina products & services.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is essential. Experience working with SalesForce.com or a similar CRM database is a plus.
• The candidate should be team goal oriented with a focus on achieving team sales performance metrics.
• The candidate should have efficient time management skills with the ability to stay focused on primary business objectives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Please apply for this position by clicking on the following link: https://www.illumina.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=4532&CurrentPage=1
We welcome applications from candidates who have previously submitted applications to illumina by e-mail.