This job is no longer available
We need a bright and highly Mathematical Physicist with experience of creating, analysing and developing innovative new technologies to join an award winning Science & Engineering Development Company. The Mathematical Physicist will join a World-class, multi-disciplined group of Scientists and Engineers and will act as the team 'Maths Guru' -undertaking modelling, simulation, system analysis related to real world products and processes. This is a highly stimulating and challenging environment where no two days are the same, where innovation is recognised and rewarded with excellent pay and benefits along with superb long term career potential.
Experienced Mathematical Physicist
Location - Cambridgeshire
Salary - £28-50K Depending on experience
Benefits - Excellent
Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
The Science Group work on -
* Creative problem solving and concept generation for 'next generation' products.
* Analysis and feasibility assessment informed by practical experience and modelling
* Proof-of principle demonstration in which ideas are rapidly brought to life
* Detailed design for production, ranging from consumer electronics to safety critical medical devices
The successful Mathematical Physicist will be expected to make a solid contribution to a group with core business in areas such as robotic surgery and patient care devices, manufacturing systems and high-technology consumer products.
- Abstracting physical problems into mathematical expressions, solving these analytically and numerically and translating the results into a real-world solutions;
- Formulating experiments to inform and validate modelling;
- Providing mathematical support across the business in multiple disciplines;
- Providing theoretical insight into client challenges;
- Explaining theoretical principles and conclusions to non-mathematical and non-technical clients
To be considered for the role of Mathematical Physicist you would need the following:
- Candidates would need to have a 2.1 or above in Physics
- Industrial or commercial experience or a Masters / PhD are required;
- A good working knowledge of physics
- Commercial experience in roughly similar role
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to analyse a wide range of data, structure thoughts well, draw robust conclusions, and communicate conclusions in a clear concise manner;
- Strong mathematical skills covering at least linear algebra, calculus and differential
- Experience within the Patient Care Device, manufacturing Systems, Surgical Technologies is preferable - but not essential
- Prior experience of working in a consultancy environment working in a client facing role.