This job is no longer available
We need a bright product & process development Physicist with experience of creating and developing innovative new technologies to join an award winning Science & Engineering Development Company. The Physicist will join a World-class, multi-disciplined team of Scientists and Engineers developing highly technical solutions for real-world products and processes. This is a highly stimulating and challenging environment where no two days are the same, where innovation is recognised and rewarded with excellent pay and benefits along with superb long term career potential.
Location - Cambridgeshire
Salary - £28-50K Depending on experience
Benefits - Excellent
Excellent ongoing Training and Development Opportunities
The Science Group work on:
* Creative problem solving and concept generation for real-world products and processes ranging from high-technology consumer products to bio-medical and robotic surgery devices.
* Analysis and feasibility assessment informed by practical experience and modelling
* Proof-of principle demonstration in which our ideas are rapidly brought to life
* Detailed design for production, including safety critical medical devices
The successful Physicist will be expected to make a solid contribution to a group with core business in patient care devices, manufacturing systems and surgical technology.
* Desk based analysis & design;
* Design & perform laboratory experiments;
* Conduct searches and write reports on findings;
* Modelling using tools such as Mathcad and Matlab for example;
* Present results and deliverables to clients.
To be considered for the role of Physicist you would need the following:
- Candidates would need to have a 2.1 or above in Physics
- Industrial or commercial experience or a Masters / PhD are required;
- A good working knowledge of physics
- Commercial experience in SIMILAR role
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to analyse a wide range of data, structure thoughts well, draw robust conclusions, and communicate conclusions in a clear concise manner;
- Experience within the Patient Care Device, Manufacturing Systems, Surgical Technologies is preferable - but not essential.
- Prior experience of working in a consultancy environment in a client facing role -again desirable but not essential.
- Specific experience in optics or fluid mechanics would be an advantage