This job is no longer available
Novartis are seeking a Principal Medical Scientific Experts (PMSE) to be responsible for providing medical and scientific leadership into medical brand teams and other brand related functions from pre-launch through the whole life cycle. The PMSEs support the Global Brand Medical Director in the execution of Medical Affairs activities in alignment with Gobal Medical Affairs&Health Economics and Outcomes Research functions.
The PMSEs will have an important impact on the execution of Medical Affairs plans (MA studies, Medical communication, KOL management, across function impact, impact to regions/CPOs related to MA strategy).
- For the assigned Medical Affairs studies (Phase IIIB-IV, PMS, observational studies without regulatory impact) within program/brand, as a member of the Global Medical Affairs Team, provides medical scientific input
- Serve as a disease area scientific and medical expert for internal customers/stakeholders, e.g. Global Clinical Team, Scientific Review Committee, research, exploratory development, device development, Marketing, Novartis local medical organizations and other line functions within GMA&HEOR and external customers e.g.KOLs and patient advocacy groups.
- Build together with the GBMD/Portfolio GBMD a highly influential medical and scientifically based platform
- Provide medical scientific input for the assigned program/brand(s) to:
a. Development of Integrated Product Strategy (IPS), MA strategy and related MA plan
b.Development of Clinical Development Plan (CDP section related to MA activities)
c. Guidance and development of local MA clinical programs and provide support in execution
d. Value dossiers and participation at payer advisory boards
e. Lead Medical Affairs Study Team to provide guidance to CPOs related to their MA study program; review, approve and follow up on local MA studies
- Support GBMD/portfolio GBMD in ensuring compliance of promotional and non-promotional global material and all Medical Affairs activities
- Support or deputize GBMD in providing input into brand safety related activities for the assigned program
- Deputize for the GBMD/Portfolio GBMD in Global Clinical Team, Global Brand Team, Clinical Scientific Unit and internal decision boards as the Medical Affairs spokesperson
- Contribute to talent and career development of MA and Development colleagues like MCLs, SciOps,CTH, CM through active participation in on-boarding, training& mentoring activities