This job is no longer available
Agenda Resource Management has been providing recruitment solutions to the medical and pharmaceutical research industry since 1996.
Working for Agenda as a permanent animal technician within our contracts division means while you have the security of a permanent position, you will have the opportunity to work in different facilities around the UK and in some cases even Europe; gaining important skills and experience along the way you will find the rewards are excellent!
As an animal technician you will ensure that all animals within your care receive the highest standards of welfare, daily husbandry and environmental enrichment.
This will include the:
- The provision of food, water and bedding
- Examinations and handling of animals used within the medical and pharmaceutical industry
- Conducting daily animal checks along with monitoring and recording animals health through routine observations, reporting any anomalies found to the designated supervisor
- Maintain a clean and orderly working environment
- Preparing equipment and materials as required
- Cleaning caging and associated equipment
- Provide support to other members of staff and undertake other duties as required
- To follow instructions and carry out duties as detailed in the organisations policies and standard operating procedures.
As an animal technician for Agenda we will:
- Pay you an attractive salary monthly into your bank account.
- Provide you with a permanent contract of employment.
- Provide you with 20 days paid holiday every year increasing upon length of service.
- Pay all your accommodation when working away from home.
- Pay all your travel expenses to and from our place of work.
- Provide you with a company mobile with up to 80 free minutes and 80 free texts per month.
- Provide you with a company credit card to ensure you never have to pay up front for any travel.
- Provide you with a £400 training allowance each year to enable you to progress in your career.
- Provide you with an Agenda monthly newsletter.
- Provide you with 24 hour emergency telephone contact.
- Provide you with regular face to face contact with Agenda personnel.
- Genuine interest in the care and welfare of animals
- Animal care qualification such as NVQ or BTEC Diploma
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
Animal technology is a practical subject and much of the training is given ‘on the job’, if you think this is the role for you contact us today for more information and begin you rewarding career with Agenda.