This job is no longer available
Hocking International Laboratories is a research and development/contract manufacturer specializing in the production and distribution of liquid and powder products with manufacturing facilities located in San Diego, CA and Sylacauga, AL . Over the years we have manufactured thousands of products for various markets. Hocking International Laboratories is privately owned and operated and has grown steadily over the past three decades.
We currently have an immediate opening for a Director of Plant Operations in our Sylacauga, AL location. Hocking is searching for an experienced, hands-on supervisor to lead a team of machine operators in a fast paced environment. Your daily goal is to organize production to ensure the highest quality product is being produced at the lowest cost possible. Due to the high volume of sales, an average of 60 hours is required. Candidates must have strong organization skills and work well without direct supervision. Hocking International offers health, dental, short term disability, 401k and paid time off.
• Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance and quality.
• Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
• Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
• Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
• Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant employees.
• Provide direction, development and leadership to all employees.
• Work with management to formalize production procedures and make recommendations for improvement as needed.
• Inventory management and participation in monthly inventory
• Maintain compliance with OSHA, FHWA (DOT), and EPA. Recommend revisions to compliance programs as needed.
• BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Management or related field.
• At least 10 years management experience within a chemical manufacturing and/or food production environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and follow through skills.
• Must be willing to work long hours when needed.
• Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
To apply via email click APPLY NOW below.