This job is no longer available
Pharmaceutical - Head of Production Job in Northern Ireland
Flame Pharma is now working with one of the world’s leaders in providing analytical services, drug development and research services.
We are recruiting for the Head of Production for their laboratory in Northern Ireland, responsible for providing overall leadership to the production department. In addition they will also be responsible for ensuring the smooth introduction of all new products to production, the performance of the department from a quality and operational perspective and ensuring the most effective use and utilisation of the staff and assets at their disposal.
The post holder will work with and support the Quality, Logistics, and Client Services teams to ensure overall customer satisfaction and to exercise overall responsibility for good housekeeping, high standards of cleanliness and compliance to GMP procedures in all areas
Key aspects of the Head of Production opportunity:
- Oversee all commercial production operations, ensuring that suitable resources and expertise are employed to deliver the service in line with business objectives.
- Instil the necessary attitude and behaviours of all personnel in the departments for the achievement of quality compliance, production efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Ensure all manufacturing activities are undertaken in accordance with the registered product requirements and to current regulatory and quality standards.
- Ensure suitable metrics are applied to measure production resource utilisation and actual production costs.
- Conduct regular reviews of process efficiency and lead multifunctional teams as required to implement change management programmes as approved.
- Analyse all production methods, techniques, processes and machinery and develop and implement improvements or changes in order to maintain the highest levels of performance within the department.
- Analyse labour (Direct, Indirect and Salaried) and material usage costs and take appropriate action to control and / or correct problem areas.
- Maintain asset utilisation and availability metrics to ensure that process equipment usage is appropriate and that plant and equipment maintenance programmes are optimised.
- Support activities necessary to promote and grow the business ensuring that all new business enquiries are fully evaluated from a production perspective and that the proposed process solutions are costed accurately.
- Lead the smooth transfer of new product manufacturing introductions into commercial operations and ensure that staff are suitably and fully trained in both the process technologies and key process parameters relevant to all new products
- Oversee new packaging only product introductions into commercial operations and ensure that staff are suitably and fully trained in both the process technologies and key process parameters relevant to all new products
- Participate in capital investment projects providing input on facility design and equipment requirements and solution selection.
- Assist in the preparation of department budgets and effective management of department costs.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and experience of industry trends and guidance with respect to packaging and anti counterfeit technologies and solutions
Key requirements of the Head of Production opportunity:
- Degree in a life science subject
- Have held a senior production role within a commercial pharmaceutical manufacturing environment which included solid oral dose manufacturing and packaging operations.
- Significant track record in processes and technologies applied in the manufacture of solid oral dosage forms.
- Significant exposure to the end customer and the client services environment and culture.
- Have developed a team of Shift Managers or equivalent through a business improvement program with a focus on continuous improvement
- Previous experience of producing an annual plan detailing the activities required to achieve the divisional or corporate goals
- Experience of leading FDA, MHRA or equivalent audits and having direct liaison with the auditors
To apply for this Job or enquire about additional Head of Production Opportunities across the UK and Europe - Contact Flame Pharma free phone on 0800 085 0858 or if calling from a mobile on 0115 8114488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Flame Health Associates LLP incorporating Flame Pharma operates as an Employment Agency & Employment Business
Key Words Chemistry, Manufacturing, Formulation Development Scientist, Head of Production, Director of Manufacturing, Manufacturing Director, Technical Director