This job is no longer available
Job ID: 12835
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Category: Manufacturing/Tech Ops
Department: Plant Maintenance - 1114
Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 70 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology, hematology and immune and inflammatory disease. If you would like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Celgene family.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years related experience in a regulated setting, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have a working knowledge of power transfer technology including mechanics, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Must be familiar with machine controls including Programmable Logic Controllers, relay logic, and operator interfaces.
- Must be familiar with plant utility systems including high pressure steam, heating, ventilating and air conditioning.
- Must be familiar with metal working including machining and welding.
- Must have a clear understanding of analytical troubleshooting.
The Maintenance Mechanic supports all maintenance efforts including repairs, troubleshooting, and new installations in a compliant, efficient, and effective manner. This is a rotating 2nd shift position. The hours are from 5:30pm-5:30am.
- Responsible for maintaining all manufacturing equipment including formulation, filling and packaging equipment, and plant utility systems including, steam boilers, air compressors, heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems (HVAC), water for injection and general upkeep of the physical plant including clean rooms and building roofing.
- Responsible for implementing improvements to improve efficiency and prevent equipment obsolescence. Included are capital improvement projects like installing heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems, upgrading the water for injection system, rebuilding/upgrading filling and packaging equipment, and installing and start-up of new manufacturing and support equipment.
- Responsible for insuring the validated state of all equipment systems and facilities and compliance with all applicable cGMP, OSHA, DEC, EPA and local government regulations.
- Responsible for developing relationships with key vendors for technical support and for assistance in hardware applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Celgene support of a potential employee’s temporary visa application be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the employee and Celgene.