This job is no longer available
Our client is a leading developer of lubricants and greases, servicing the world's shipping, power generation and offshore industries. Due to continuing growth within the business they are currently looking to recruit a Technology Product Manager for their Berkshire based Research & Development facility. The successful candidate will be tasked with enhancing the product portfolio with innovative developments to ensure the client continue to achieve a competitively advantaged position in the market place.
The Technology Product Manager will manage a specified Ancillary Product Portfolio of lubricants e.g. gears and hydraulic oils (amongst a range of other non-engine oils) to ensure the business develops and maintains a competitive product offer which delivers growth in the marine and energy market segments. This will be coupled with improved financial performance and reduced complexity together with a simplified but competitive and cost effective general industrial product offer in service of all businesses across the sector.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for the product management of a specified Ancillary Product Portfolio requiring lubricants knowledge and experience
- To prepare accurate answers for business/customer technical enquiries
- To investigate and resolve product performance complaints
- To ensure the Company’s technical reputation and product liabilities are managed in accordance to all legal and internal standards
- To ensure that all products meet the relevant HSSE and Quality standards
- To provide product training and Customer Sales/Service support to all products
- To coordinate the development of new products
- To develop good contacts with Customers, OEMs and Product Manufacturers ensuring specifications meet market requirements and gain all relevant approvals
- To manage potential customer claims, with particular focus on assigned product ranges
- To act as Technical Consultant on cross-functional and cross-business projects
- To liaise/guide/support the Technical Managers/Coordinators in the Regions
- To liaise with Supply, Logistics and Manufacturing re. manufacture, grade stocking and availability, and about potential changes or replacements in the product range
Applicants should hold a Degree level qualification in Chemistry or Mechanical Engineering and have significant experience of working with industrial lubricants in a development or product management function; OEM experience with ancillary products and technical support experience is desirable.
The successful candidate will need the following attributes:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management on sensitive and complex issues, as occasionally required
- Ability to analyse complex issues and express information in a clear concise manner
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- The ability to persuade and convince others, influencing their actions and attitudes through personal credibility
- Good team player; active listener who incorporates other ideas/views into proposals
- Builds cross Business Unit network and uses skills/strengths of others in project completion
- Should be environmentally astute, have a strong interpersonal understanding and ability to operate in many different cultural contexts
- Acts wisely and decisively in making decisions and solving problems
- Should be able to lead change and participate influentially in networks both inside and outside the company