This job is no longer available
Formulation Chemist AF/016215
South East c30-40k
A Formulation Development Chemist is urgently required to join a vibrant and growing company in the environmental sector. The formulation chemist will develop and evaluate new products according to market and customer needs, using specialised formulation technology and processes. The formulation chemist will also conduct specialised physiochemical testing on candidate formulations and competitive products to determine how well formulations perform under actual use conditions, conduct or outsource required regulatory studies, assist in manufacturing scale up and production, and trouble-shoot performance problems.
Develop and evaluate new formulations for global proprietary platform technology applications, focusing on product differentiation and added value attributes.
· Conduct physical and chemical evaluations of candidate formulations and competitive products to address global needs. Prepare samples for global field trials and provide needed information on sample handling and use. Conduct or outsource regulatory studies related to formulations according to regulatory guidelines and needs.
· Maintain and develop knowledge of competitive products and novel technologies. Identify and develop novel formulations for the platform technology portfolio.
· Build relationships with University/research institutes and industrial provides with formulation expertise.
· Provide technical support to various stakeholders, support manufacturing scale up, cost reduction efforts and production.
· Present technology at appropriate conferences and commercial / collaborator meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
BSc, MSc or Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry, or materials science preferred.
· Knowledge of agricultural formulations (more specifically colloids and particle size reduction), their use, physical testing requirements and new technologies with experience in the development of agro-chemical formulations is essential to perform this job.
· Experience with successfully developing new formulations and products is necessary, and a working knowledge of global regulatory requirements and protocols for physical testing of new formulations is an advantage.
· Must have a working knowledge in formulation and analytical chemistry equipment and its use, as well as a basic knowledge of analytical chemistry. An understanding of GLP principles would be an advantage.
The Company offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including bonus potential, pension, life insurance and a first class medical insurance package.
Please contact Alison Fisher quoting AF/016215, Please call on 020 7421 5200, or reply via email, entering the job title to email@example.com
For up to date career opportunities please visit www.hs-scientific.co.uk
Due to a high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted within seven days of submitting your CV please assume that your application will not be taken further.