This job is no longer available
Currently for our location Oss (The Netherlands) we are recruiting two:
Material Scientists / Material Engineers
The Center for Materials Science & Engineering (CMSE) is seeking Scientists & Engineers to join the Manufacturing Division of Merck-MSD. The CMSE group is part of a global Science & Technology function with European facilities sited in the Netherlands to support the EMEA region of Merck manufacturing sites. The CMSE group sustains a wide range of Material Science activities in Drug Substance and Drug Product manufacture, including process modifications, site changes and troubleshooting investigations. CMSE provides specialized support to the Global Technical Operations and also takes in account more complex scientifically based research on material characterization.
• The CMSE Scientist applies material characterization, chemical analysis and engineering science to support process investigations in Pharmaceutical Manufacture, representing the CMSE group on project teams with related departments in Global Technical Operations, Analytical Sciences, and Quality Operations;
• A key objective of the CMSE Scientist is to understand the relationship between material structure, function and processing across a wide range of formulation and process scenarios;
• It is also expected that the Project Scientist seeks to extend the technical capabilities of the CMSE group, with the continued growth of in-depth expertise in the areas of material characterization, product formulation and pharmaceutical unit operations.
• PhD in a relevant research topic in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or Physical Chemistry or Bachelors/Masters-level qualification in Chemistry or Process Technology, with relevant industrial experience;
• Material characterization expertise is required in at least one relevant area, such as Solid State analysis, Spectroscopy, Thermal analysis, Particle Technology, Mechanical properties, Rheology, etc…;
• Strong problem solving, experimental design and execution skills and ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams;
• Combines solid scientific knowledge and skills with a consultative, result driven approach;
• Strong English oral and written communication skills;
• Up to 20% travelling abroad is expected.
A good place to work
MSD is an attractive employer offering interesting opportunities in Research & Development, production and staff departments for an enormous range of disciplines such as biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechanical engineers and pharmacists. MSD always seeks ‘best-in-class’ employees at all levels. We expect a lot from our people and MSD has a lot to offer them as well. Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills are what MSD values and rewards most.
If you enjoy being challenged, over and over again, MSD will be a good place for you to work. We have an excellent fringe benefit program, and we invest heavily in the development of our people. MSD gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility. We have set up a special young professional network which regularly organizes workshops, meetings and social events.
MSD is working to help the world be well. Through our medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, consumer care and animal health products, we work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals. We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them. MSD has a workforce of over 6.000 in the Netherlands at five different sites. For more information, visit our website www.msd.nl or www.msd-animal-health.nl.
Information and application
More information: Craig Bentham (Teamlead CMSE) firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Michaels (Sr. Scientific Director CMSE) +1 215 652 9830.
Application: closing date is 13 july 2012.
Please apply via the link, including job reference QUA002993.
To apply click the 'Apply Now' button.
Agency calls not appreciated
Keywords:TU, Chemical Industry, Chemical Engineer, Materials Science, Pharma.