This job is no longer available
Manager Industrial R&D Development - Lubricant Additives - NPD - Formulation - Oil - Fuels - Synthesis - Permanent - Berkshire - £ Competitive + Excellent Benefits (incl. final Salary Pension) & Career Development
Due to continued expansion we are currently seeking an experienced Industrial R&D Development Manager with expertise in the fuels, additives or oil sector(s) to drive through innovative NPD projects. You will be leading a group of R&D professionals and working closely with the company's Global Formulation Team whilst also collaborating with Sales & Marketing to support the business and strategic company goals.
Based at the organisations R&D HQ in Berkshire, this is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual with first class technical and managerial skills coupled with excellent commercial acumen.
The overall purpose and focus of the opportunity will see you managing the Industrial development team whilst also supporting the industrial development chemists who are conducting projects to develop global industrial additive products. You will also work with the global analytical, mechanical and process development teams to ensure resources and priorities are sufficient to meet agreed technology delivery deadlines.
1. Day to day management supervision and support of Industrial development team including:
* Complete performance reviews for team members
* Lead the recruitment process to select new group members
* Coordinate on-the-job training for new and existing staff
* Ensure Team members' skills continue to meet business needs. Lead discussions on team development and ensure all relevant training is actioned.
* Handle disciplinary matters
* Ensure safety and quality procedures are adhered to.
2. Liaison with Sales & Marketing to ensure delivery of new technology programs for the Industrial area.
3. Work with global R&D Director to develop budgets and long range plans
4. Effective interaction with support areas such as Analytical and Rigs to ensure that workload is managed.
5. Interaction with global analytical and mechanical testing teams to ensure priorities and resources are adequate to meet technology delivery deadlines.
6. Attendance at relevant Industry meetings & seminars to represent the company's position.
7. Manage own technology development technical programs & customer interfaces.
The role requires:
* A Graduate or Ph.D. degree qualification in Chemistry or equivalent,
* Extensive industry experience
* Experience managing professionals.
* A good understanding of the Additive & Oil industry
* Excellent communication & facilitation skills
* The ability to work well with people, positive & a supportive attitude with ability to mentor individuals
* Good organization skills able to organize both self & others
* Logical thinker
Salary - £ Competitive + Excellent Benefits Package (Incl. final salary pension scheme)