This job is no longer available
Our client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of superconducting magnets for MRI body scanners and has achieved significant export growth and technological advancement. More than one third of all superconducting MRI scanners world-wide contain a magnet designed and manufactured in Oxfordshire.
What are my responsibilities?
-Resolution of technical issues relating to area of responsibility (line support).
-To develop / improve manufacturing processes & quality control measures. Identify, specify, acquire and install new plant and process equipment.
-To proactively manage continuous improvement of the plant & process to ensure Cost, Quality and Output targets are achieved. Actively support and/or run continuous improvement activities in the manufacturing area.
-To manage changes through the recognized change process to support business unit targets.
-To work with suppliers to improve process and ensure that their activities comply with requirements
-Introduce new products / processes into production through in-depth involvement with the project team to ensure they are robust and repeatable.
-To ensure safe working practices are in place, documented and adhered to.
- To be part of the team that makes an acknowledged world class manufacturing company.
- Education in an Engineering / manufacturing subject. Ideally a degree in mechanical engineering, electrical or electronic engineering, or physics.
- Experience of Process / Production engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Understand and deploy process control techniques.
- Aware of, or familiar with, modern manufacturing philosophies.
- Ability to manage projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to perform research and/or process development and/or product development in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to conduct supplier development and support/conduct supplier audits.
- Able to effectively manage workload.
- Able to create and manage process development and other project plans.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work inclusively in a team environment
We welcome applications from new or recent graduates with an interest in manufacturing.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.