This job is no longer available
JOB TITLE: Scientist
SECTION: Bioanalytical Sciences, Biologicals
LINE MANAGER: Client Manager
JOB REFERENCE: Fordham-089
Quotient’s Bioanalytical Sciences Group undertakes a diverse range of bioanalytical based projects and biomedical testing for external clients including pharmaceutical and veterinary drug manufacturers. You will be involved in the development, validation and application of bioanalytical methods for use at Quotient. The majority of the methods developed are qualitative and quantitative analyses of drugs, biomarkers and clinical markers in biological fluids, predominately urine and blood. The Bioanalytical Sciences Group provides a well-equipped laboratory and the opportunity to work with a range of analytical instrumentation. It is registered as GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) and GCP (Good Clinical Practice) compliant. In addition, Quotient has been recognised as an Investor in People since 2000.
We are looking for Scientists to join our Biologicals group.
Key areas of work within this area are:
1 Development and validation of qualitative/quantitative assays for screening biological samples for drugs, peptides and proteins
• Characterisation of antibodies
• Enzyme immunoassay, Radioimmunoassay, DELFIA, Gyrolab
• Multiplexing technology
• PK analysis of therapeutic biologics
• Immunogenicity of biologics
• Biomarker quantification
• Mass spectrometry e.g. peptide mapping, protein ID and quantification
• Automation of assays, integration into LIMS
2 Automated screening of samples for safety testing and clinical markers
• Clinical Biochemistry
• Haematology and Coagulation
• Immunology / Virology
3 Protein Chemistry
• Immunoaffinity chromatography
• Enzyme activity assays
Essential requirements for Scientist position
• Degree in a biological science, or relevant experience
• Familiarity with analytical method development/validation in general and ability to problem solve
• Ability to take some science based decisions without the need for referral
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literate
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a team
• Conscientious and meticulous in laboratory work
• Good time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
• Highly motivated
• Willing to get involved with new ideas and initiatives
Desirable for Scientist position
• One to two years experience working in an analytical / clinical testing laboratory with LIMS reporting
• Some experience in immunoassay and/or operation of robotic sample processors / clinical analysers
• Some experience in a GLP/GCP/CAP/CPA accredited laboratory
• Full training will be provided and all applicants with an appropriate scientific background, enthusiasm and willingness to learn are encouraged to apply.
• As part of a team, to undertake project work within the biological teams to support Drug Development Services
• Project work will initially focus on the development and validation of quantitative therapeutic biologics and biomarker assays (e.g. ELISAs), robotic automation of assays and sample analysis.
• Analysis of clinical samples for multinational clinical trials using high throughput automated analysers and an integrated LIMS with requirement for rapid turnaround of results.
• As the business grows there will be opportunities for candidates to work in different teams within the Bioanalytical Sciences Group, and so a flexible approach is essential.
The post is full time and permanent. The standard hours of work are 9.00am to 5.15pm, Monday to Friday although Quotient operates a flexible working policy that considers both individual preferences and business needs. Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days per year, and the company operates a contributory pension scheme. Scientist salary range is £17,000 - £26,000 depending upon experience.