This job is no longer available
JOB TITLE: Senior Scientist
DEPARTMENT: Bioanalytical Sciences, Bioanalysis
LINE MANAGER: Client Manager
JOB REFERENCE: Fordham092
QBR’s Bioanalytical Sciences Group undertakes bioanalytical based projects for external clients including pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. You will be involved in the development, validation and application of bioanalytical methods. The majority of the methods developed are for the quantitative analyses of drugs, metabolites and biomarkers in biological fluids, predominately blood plasma and urine, using LC-MS/MS technology. The Bioanalytical Sciences Group provides a well-equipped laboratory and the opportunity to work with state of the art analytical instrumentation. It is registered as GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) and GCP (Good Clinical Practice) compliant. In addition, QBR was recognised as an Investor in People in 2000.
We are looking for a LC-MS/MS expert to strengthen our Bioanalysis group in the role of Senior Scientist. You will be able to develop new methods for novel compounds to tight deadlines. Additionally, you will see the method through the validation stage and on to its use in pre-clinical or clinical studies, acting as Study Director for GLP studies.
Essential requirements for Senior Scientist
• Degree in a chemistry or analytical science, or relevant experience
• Good understanding of mass spectrometry, uplc and bioanalytical extraction techniques
• Conscientious and meticulous in laboratory work
• Proven track record of carrying out method development, validation, sample analysis and trouble-shooting problematic methods
• Good communicator with confidence and ability to interact directly with external customers
• Good written communication skills
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a team
• Good time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
• Highly motivated
• Willing to get involved with new ideas and initiatives
• Supervision and training of junior staff
Desirable for Senior Scientist position
• Experience of managing bioanalysis projects in a customer focused organisation
• Experience in a GLP/GCP accredited laboratory
• Previous Study Director experience in a regulated environment
• Experience with AB Sciex mass spectrometers and software
• Familiarity with Watson LIMS
• Managing bioanalytical projects in a GLP/GCP regulated environment
• Direct communication with clients regarding project progress
• Method development, method validation and trouble-shooting problematic methods
• Analysis of pre-clinical and clinical samples using LC-MS/MS based methods
The post is full time and permanent. The standard hours of work are 9.00am to 5.15pm, Monday to Friday although QBR operates a flexible working policy that considers both individual preferences and business needs. Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days per year, and the company operates a contributory pension scheme. Senior Scientist salary range is £26,000 - £36,000 depending upon experience.
QBR is based in pleasant, rural surroundings about 2 miles outside Newmarket,
in modern, well-equipped laboratories.