This job is no longer available
Role:Production Technician (Nightshift)
Salary:£21,176 - £27,625p.a. + 30% shift + 5% HCAS
Our Client currently has vacancies for technicians in both Sterile Operations and Sterile Supplies on the nightshift (10pm - 6am, Mon - Fri).
They are looking for candidates, who ideally must possess a relevant degree, wishing to develop their career within a pharmaceutical environment. Training will be provided for the right candidate.
You will be expected to have a high level of technical competence, good problem solving skills and be able to contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
An understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice is essential.
The posts are primarily involved in the filling of high-value sterile parental products, and the preparation of equipment and components.
The main duties include the routine aspects of aseptic filling and associated activities, machine set-up and operation including sterilisers, and the completion of associated documentation.
Accurate record keeping in accordance with GMP is essential along with a good level of numeracy.
Main Job Purpose
The main duties include the technical aspects of machine set-up and operation and completion of associated documentation. Actively support process improvements and assist in some process and personnel supervisory activities.
The post operates within strict environmentally controlled areas and therefore requires high levels of good hygiene practice, strict adherence to cGMP and associated documentation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To set up and operate automated and semi-automated equipment in compliance with approved procedures and in accordance with agreed production programmes.
- To ensure that equipment used is in compliance with any maintenance, calibration and validation requirements.
- To help co-ordinate the activities of the section, liaise with other sections as necessary, and help organise the daily work operations as required.
- To assist with on the job training in order to perform the designated tasks.
- To assist in the review and revision of SOP's, BPR's and related documentation.
- To inform the Supervisor/Manager of issues related to H&S standards within manufacturing, and issues that could impact the quality of the manufacturing environment with regards to compliance.
- To ensure that regular cleaning and maintenance is carried out on all equipment and fabric within the section in accordance with the appropriate schedules.
- To adhere to GMP and H&S standards, including hygiene, environmental control and safe working practices.
- To manufacture high quality, high value products, right first time, in accordance with the production programme.
- To ensure documentation is completed accurately and at the time.
- To meet departmental and section objectives fulfilling the principles of continuous improvement.
- From time to time undertake other duties to meet business objectives.
MAC Scientific is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy