This job is no longer available
Role:Production Technician (Nightshift)
Salary:£21,176 - £27,625p.a. + 30% shift + 5% HCAS
Our Client currently has a number of vacancies within their manufacturing facility for a Technician on the night shift, 10pm - 6am, within the Large Scale Fractionation section.
They are looking for candidates, who must possess a relevant degree, wishing to develop their career within a pharmaceutical environment. You are likely to be a science graduate with some pharmaceutical experience.
You will be expected to have a high level of technical competence, good problem solving skills and be able to contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
An understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice is essential.
You will carry out activities connected with the preparation of therapeutic products - including operating large-scale process equipment sampling batches and performing in-process checks for formulation.
In addition, you will play a vital role in improvement initiatives.
Main Job Purpose
The main duties include the technical aspects of machine set-up and operation and completion of associated documentation. Actively support process improvements and assist in some process and personnel supervisory activities.
The post operates within strict environmentally controlled areas and therefore requires high levels of good hygiene practice, strict adherence to cGMP and associated documentation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To set up and operate automated and semi-automated equipment in compliance with approved procedures and in accordance with agreed production programmes.
- To ensure that equipment used is in compliance with any maintenance, calibration and validation requirements.
- To help co-ordinate the activities of the section, liaise with other sections as necessary, and help organise the daily work operations as required.
- To assist with on the job training in order to perform the designated tasks.
- To assist in the review and revision of SOP's, BPR's and related documentation.
- To inform the Supervisor/Manager of issues related to H&S standards within manufacturing, and issues that could impact the quality of the manufacturing environment with regards to compliance.
- To ensure that regular cleaning and maintenance is carried out on all equipment and fabric within the section in accordance with the appropriate schedules.
- To adhere to GMP and H&S standards, including hygiene, environmental control and safe working practices.
- To manufacture high quality, high value products, right first time, in accordance with the production programme.
- To ensure documentation is completed accurately and at the time.
- To meet departmental and section objectives fulfilling the principles of continuous improvement.
- From time to time undertake other duties to meet business objectives.
MAC Scientific is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy