This job is no longer available
For people. For the environment. For the shared goal of a healthier future.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and their environment. Engaged in a proactive fight against illness, including contamination and other threats to our well-being, PerkinElmer conceives and delivers scientific solutions to meet society’s ever-changing needs. From critical therapeutic and disease research and prenatal screening to environmental testing and industrial monitoring, we are actively engaged in improving health and advancing quality of life all around the world.
Our diagnostic and research instrumentation technologies, reagents and software are backed by clinical resources and support services to help fight disease more proactively, provide medical insights more accurately and develop therapies more quickly.
PerkinElmer is dedicated to the quality and sustainability of the environment. With our analytical instrumentation and leading laboratory services, we focus on improving the integrity and safety of the world we live in.
Development Engineer – PerkinElmer – Materials Characterisation R&D – Beaconsfield
We wish to recruit a highly qualified person at a senior level with a physics/engineering background and at least 5 years of relevant experience in the design of scientific instrumentation. The successful candidate will apply physics & engineering knowledge and experience in combination with good design and problem solving ability to design and develop products that meet performance and cost targets and that are completed on time. They will operate in a central role within a multidisciplinary project team and take responsibility for product support, new product specification, detailed design, evaluation programs, troubleshooting, and transfer to manufacturing.
The following skills and experience are essential:-
· Lead sustaining projects to maintain shipments of a wide range of current products
· Troubleshooting and problem resolution activities in the factory, and for problems reported from the field
· To work with other members of the product development team to translate product requirements into functional specifications.
· Undertake a program of work to evaluate the feasibility of a new technology on a project
· Sub-system design and analysis including selection of technical approach and definition of sub-systems specifications.
· Engineering documentation, selection and specification of purchased components.
· Conduct technical reviews and react to input from other members of the project team
· Technical direction of other team members where appropriate.
· Design and plan experiments and define a structured evaluation program that effectively manages project risk.
· To commission and evaluate sub-systems and components during product development to ensure their quality and fitness of purpose.
· To write and present technical project reports including the final performance validation review
· To define manufacturing alignment and test procedures where appropriate
· Design releases - technical product documentation (parts, assemblies, bills of materials & test specifications).
· Actively work to facilitate the transfer of the product to manufacturing.
Qualifications: Good honours Degree in Electronics or Physics discipline.
Key words: Design, Instruments, Product Development
To apply please send your C.V by clicking the "Apply Now" button.