This job is no longer available
QC Technician (Microbiology/ Environmental Biology) £c20k
South East AF/016240
A well motivated graduate of microbiology or biology is required for a QC Technician opportunity with a leading environmental organisation that develops specialty products for the environmental, agricultural, and horticulture sectors. As Quality Control Technician you will be responsible for the quality control of the company’s specialty organisms and products.
The successful candidate should have a relevant degree and demonstrate a methodical and accurate approach to their work. The applicant will need to be a good team worker with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Carry out bioassays for all products.
- Carry out bioassays on production starter cultures.
- Carry out QC checks on peat and products as required.
- Carry out QC checks on specialty products as required.
- Maintain records of all QC data and inform product team of results.
- Analyse returned products returned for quality and identify problems and causes if any, report issues to production and sales and marketing team.
- Maintain slug’s field site to ensure supply of slugs.
- Collect slugs for bioassays.
- Carry out monitoring work on the production process.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree (Microbiology, Biological Sciences, Environmental Biology or a related subject)
- Any commercial laboratory experience preferable
- Interest or experience in the environmental or agricultural industry desirable
- Experience in QC procedures / H&S SOP’s desirable
- Full training can be given to a graduate
To Apply: Please contact Alison Fisher AF/016240 on 07814547440/ 020 7421 5200, or apply to
Due to a high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted within seven days of submitting your CV please assume that your application will not be taken further.