This job is no longer available
An aerospace specialist in Cheltenham have an opening for an SC clearable Systems Engineer to join their Power Systems team.
The purpose of this role will be to support the development of integrated power management and distribution systems for military land vehicles. You will be expected to
* Develop solutions for the military and aerospace industries following a systems engineering approach
* Produce design specifications
* Develop product verification plans and procedures that allow detailed integration and verification activities
* Understand the needs of all project stakeholders and actively manage their expectation to ensure successful project delivery
* Prepare technical proposals including estimations and presentations
* Contribute to the continuous development of systems and business processes
As an individual you will be comfortable working as part of team but also independently with the ability to identify the needs of a project or task, taking the initiative where required to undertake the necessary work. You will be diligent in your focus on requirements and specification structure and be able to effectively communicate either verbally or written within a multi discipline team, with internal company authorities or customers.
The ideal candidate will be educated to at least degree level within an engineering or scientific discipline, coupled with extensive, relevant industry experience. It is essential that you have experience of requirements engineering and working with Land Vehicle Defence power systems and UK standards. You will have experience of safety critical solution development, and the co-ordination and technical leadership of a multi-discipline project team to develop and deliver complex electronic and embedded software solutions.
You must also have experience of working with Microsoft Office, DOORs and Configuration Management ToolsAshton Consulting (UK) Ltd is an independent Recruitment Consultancy that specialise in recruitment solutions Worldwide.