This job is no longer available
YOU are an excellent team player with strong planning and problem solving skills, and the leadership and interpersonal skills required to manage complex cross functional experimental studies. You are an experienced scientist with the drive and the enthusiasm to keep abreast of the relevant scientific literature as well as innovative developments within the scientific community.
As a Scientist (Study Director), you will plan, organize, manage, evaluate and report experimental studies conducted in accordance with the relevant international guidelines (and highest scientific standards.
You will contribute to the understanding of disease mechanisms by designing, applying and planning new mechanistic studies.
Specifically, you will:
- Be responsible for the studies assigned to you as Study Director
- Define and agree the timelines and project details with a cross functional team
- Prepare a study plan
- Review study updates prepared by different functional units
- Compile different report statements from both internal and external units to prepare a final report
- Ensure that the conduct of the study complies with GLP guidelines
- Collaborate with other scientists and interact cross-functionally with PMI R&D departments and external clients to prepare project agreements for approval
- Take responsibility for project management (budget, timelines, reporting for those studies assigned to you.
- Develop innovative assays.
In particular, you shall have:
- PhD or Degree in biomedical sciences or the equivalent by experience. FELASA Cat C level training.
- At least 3 years hands-on experience in in vivo studies conducted for animal work/study (GLP and non-GLP)
- Proven experience in managing a small to medium team.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English, good interpersonal and communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will join a global market leader with opportunities for learning and gaining valuable experience. We offer a structured individual career development program designed to help you grow to your fullest potential, as well as a competitive salary and compensation package.
WHO WE ARE
Philip Morris International (PMI) is a leading international tobacco company. PMI has more than 78,000 employees and its products are sold in approximately 180 countries.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The primary mission of PMI Research & Development is to research and develop new products which may have the potential to reduce the risks of tobacco related diseases.
If you match our profile and are excited about this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.