This job is no longer available
The Medical Education team is part of a wider healthcare practise of a global PR agency. A strong team of approx. 30 healthcare communications professionals (12 in Med Ed) based in central London working across a number of therapy areas including diabetes and cardio-vascular. Part of a global network.
· Attaining and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of therapeutic areas and products of relevance to client accounts
· Drafting, editing and referencing scientific/medical peer review publications (e.g. abstracts, posters, oral presentations, primary manuscripts on pre-clinical and Phase I-III data, reviews, book chapters) in line with guidance from authors
· Managing approval of publications in line with client’s working practices and international guidelines
· Incorporating comments and answering queries on publications from authors and company reviewers
· Developing speaker briefs and slides for satellite symposia, stand-alone physicians meetings, and on-line physician education activities
· Attending global/regional advisory board meetings and writing the minutes
· Presenting status updates and proposals for future projects involving editorial support to clients
· Managing multiple editorial projects to deadlines and keeping tracking documents up to date
· Logging time spent per project using Peoplesoft time entry system
Candidates seeking to join a dedicated and passionate medical education team consisting of some of the brightest minds in the industry will thrive in this position.
Candidates will be experienced writers with at least 18 months’ experience in medical writing, including the development of manuscripts and slide kits, within an agency environment.
Candidates must be available for occasional international travel.
Berks, Bucks, Herts, Central London, Greater London
To discuss this role in more detail in confidence please call Mike Newman on 0203 178 7488 or out of office hours on 07891 579351 E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact via LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/meetmikenewman
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/meet_mike
Find out more about Meet at www.peoplewithchemistry.com
Meet are good people who are great at recruitment. We're proud to partner with the industry's leading Pharmaceutical and Healthcare companies, helping them find and secure the best global talent available.
Key Words: Medical Writer, Senior Medical Writer, Healthcare Communications, Medical Communications, Medical Education