This job is no longer available
Merck Millipore plays an integral part in the life science community, harnessing our passion and innovation to help researchers and drug producers around the world. As science advances, we advance with it, offering new insight and cutting-edge technologies helping our customers solve the world's most challenging human health issues. Our promise to our customers is that we'll be there every step of the way. Merck Millipore is a division of Merck KGaA. Merck is a global pharmaceutical and chemical company with a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by around 40,000 employees in 64 countries around the world.
We are currently seeking a Technical Sales Support Specialist - French/English/Dutch speaker - for the France/Benelux platform of our European Sales Support Centre (Bioscience Business Unit)
The position can either be based in Molsheim, France (30 km from Strasbourg), or in Nottingham, UK.
Within the Bioscience Business Unit, the Technical Sales Support Specialist is a key member of the European Sales Support Organization playing a major interface role between the external market, the sales representatives and our internal Marketing, R&D and Order Entry Teams. The global mission of the Technical Sales Support Specialist being to support the France/Benelux sales organization and our customers by dealing with product, applications and pricing questions concerning Sample Preparation, Cell Culture, Stem Cells, Immunodetection, Biomarker and Immunoassays, cell signaling, molecular biology, in a manner which will increase our market presence, emphasize differentiation from our competitors and build upon our reputation for excellence.
- Be the first contact for all technical questions from external (Customers and Distributors) and internal Customers (Application Specialist, Sales Managers, Technology Managers and Customer Service group).
- Ensure the highest available support on the Life Science portfolio by phone and e-mail continuously in the daily activity.
- Collect and communicate all information concerning customers, competitors and market news to the sales organization.
- Qualify leads and cross-selling opportunities from incoming customers' calls and/or promotional activities and update on a regular basis the divisional databases for business and customer activity tracking.
- Stay personally up to date concerning application and product information and provide training to other Technical Support colleagues, Application Specialists, Sales Assistants, Customer Service, Marketing & Communication Group.
- Support Application Specialists continuously in the sales activity.
- Have at least one participation per quarter on field visits in key accounts to support an Application Specialist (Demonstrations, Troubleshooting, Seminars, and Conferences).
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Master's Degree in one of the Life Science areas (Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Cytometry, Molecular, Cellular…).
Relevant technical background with proven technical experience in laboratory environment.
Completely fluent in French, English and Dutch (written and oral) is mandatory.
- Demonstrate reactivity and ability to analyze and to solve problems and conflicts.
- Open minded and customer oriented.
- Commercial attitude and understanding of area market needs and trends.
- Ability to work with different teams in a multicultural and international environment.
- Strong organization skills, multiple tasks oriented and Time Management skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of common internet packages and communication technologies e.g. MS Office, Net meeting, Multiple Phone Conferencing.
Merck Millipore values your talents
Merck Millipore offers an attractive international working environment, valuing your talents and training you to develop new skills. We believe in building a strong relationship with our employees. Merck Millipore encourages diversity.
If you share our goals and values, and want to make your mark at a rapidly growing international company, join us and help advance the future of life science together. Visit our website at come2merck.com now and apply online, referring to job number 1201226.