This job is no longer available
As Control Systems Engineer you will direct and deliver technical projects, supporting the development of new or improvement in existing technologies, methods and processes in both the manufacturing and laboratory environments across our client’s Research and Development function.
- Analyse, design, implement, test and maintain control system equipment
- Plan medium to long term work programmes, engaging stakeholders to understand their priorities and focus, as well as their budgeted spend.
- Identify opportunities to drive improvements through new capital expenditure, delivering sound business case justifications for proposed investments.
- Project manage existing work streams.
- Coach, support and supervise more junior members of the team, and provide training to support the technical and professional development of technicians.
- Write technical reports, publications and presentations for the organisation, and take part in industry forums & working groups to keep technical skills up to date with new and emerging technologies.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Directly relevant professional achievement equivalent to 1st Degree in electrical, electronic or control engineering.
- Sound understanding of network architectures, components and protocols
- Knowledge of Profinet and Profibus.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems using WINCC and Intouch.
- Prior experience of working with Siemens S7 equipment
- Understanding of technical developments in the related fields of drives, robotics and automation.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body desirable, e.g. Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
Our client is a leading multi-national company and offers comprehensive relocation support and financial assistance for those needing to move to take up this position.
Benefits Package Includes:
· Performance related bonus
· 5 weeks holiday
· Share save and share reward schemes
· Accident and medical insurance
· Subsidised catering
· On-site gym
To Find Out More/ Apply:
For an informal discussion please contact:
Director, Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment
T: +44 (0)207 421 5232
5 St John’s Lane, London, EC1M 4BH
To Apply, please email your CV as a Microsoft Word format document together with a brief overview of your skills and their relevance to this position: