This job is no longer available
My client are a multi-national blue chip specialising in the design, development and manufacture of medical devices.
With a major R&D site in Yorkshire, they are looking to recruit a number of Bioengineers as they are creating a new function within the R&D group.
This group will focus on my client's current range of products with remit for product enhancement and cost reduction.
Principal Role Responsibilities:
· Provide technical support for existing product lines. This may include resolving manufacturing issues, assessing product non-conformances, supporting cost reduction exercises and production line transfers.
· Collaborate with the Regulatory Team supporting any regulatory actions required as a result of actions taken in providing product technical support.
· Ensure design verification and validation is performed such as tolerance analysis, FEA and lab testing where appropriate to demonstrate that safety and efficacy are maintained in line with the company risk management procedure.
· Prepare documentation for the Design History Files in accordance with regulatory and company procedures.
· To adhere to the Company Operating Procedures and Quality Policy.
· Participate on cross functional project teams through all phases of the product development process from gathering initial customer requirements through to full product launch.
· Will meet delivery commitments to the project teams in terms of budget and timescales whilst maintaining the highest levels of quality and compliance.
· Develop creative solutions for product design and development problems.
· May be given responsibility as Project Leader for new product introduction or other types of development project.
· May handle several projects concurrently depending in the magnitude of each.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
· Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific subject is essential, MSc or PhD in a relevant scientific subject is preferred.
· A good knowledge of manufacturing methods and processes and an understanding of commercial considerations are essential for the job holder.
· Training and experience in applying Process Excellence and/or Design Excellence and LEAN methodologies is an advantage, formal Green Belt or Black Belt Certification is preferred.
· Have a demonstrated background in applying engineering design, development and analysis skills to develop creative solutions for product design and development problems.
· Will be self directed and well motivated toward achieving goals
· Good communication and presentation skills.
For further information, please contact Errol McGirr at Hays Life Sciences.
You MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK without restriction.
Hays are acting as an employment agency with regard to this position. For further information please see hays.co.uk